Succession Planning Should Not Be a Mystery
When you don't have the practical skills it takes to plan effectively, you put a lot at risk...
- Decisions are driven by fear of the unknown, not trust in the process
- The opportunity to demonstrate courageous humility is squandered
- People become so focused on the transition they lost sight of the mission
- Momentum is lost as people take on a "wait and see" attitude
- The retiring Leader's legacy becomes a warning, not an inspiration
- The ability to become an example for others anticipating transition is lost